Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with live connection SQL Datawarehouse

JohnMartensDB
New Contributor II

Error type: System call error. Cannot make named pipe /tmp/EvtnUM74TA574813952 due to error: No space left on device..))

I can't find anything recent online related to Databricks or the SQL warehouses specifically. I don't seem to have enough monitoring options to figure out why this error is occuring. Anyone have an idea what is going on here?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

can you elaborate a bit on how you connect to Databricks SQL, and what cluster you use (or even serverless) and what tool?

JohnMartensDB
New Contributor II

Microstrategy connects to a small SQL Datawarehouse (SQL endpoint), which I guess is serverless by default. I don't believe the Databricks UI gives many options other than size and cost efficient or reliable setting. May be a temporary issue since it seems to have solved itself for now at least.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Ok great to hear the issue solved itself 🙂

FYI: the small SQL dwh is not serverless. To be able to select serverless endpoints, you have to activate it first.

Thx for the help and info!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.