Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cluster creation - access mode option

Braxx
Contributor II

I am a bit lazy and trying to manually recreate a cluster I have in one workspace into another one.

The cluster was created some time ago. Looking at the configuration, the access mode field is "custom":Captureaa 

When trying to create a new cluster, I do not have this option. I have 3 others but not custom.

Capturebb 

Is this a new option added recently or I did something wrong in a configuration?

Ideally, I want to have this option configured the same way as in my existing cluster

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pat
Honored Contributor III

There was a change in the Databricks UI recently, here you can find this documented: https://docs.databricks.com/clusters/cluster-ui-preview.html#what-is-cluster-access-mode

It seems like it was High Concurrency access, to access this option you need to switch the view to old UI:

image.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Pat
Honored Contributor III

There was a change in the Databricks UI recently, here you can find this documented: https://docs.databricks.com/clusters/cluster-ui-preview.html#what-is-cluster-access-mode

It seems like it was High Concurrency access, to access this option you need to switch the view to old UI:

image.png

Braxx
Contributor II

Thanks Pat,

You are right. When switching to old UI, there is no option as "Access mode".

I could have now created a new cluster with old UI. Then edit it with a new UI and now in "Access mode" this custom option was available to select.

Thanks a lot 🙂

yatharth
New Contributor III

I am facing the same type of issue and now changing back to old UI option is not available, cause of this issue i am not able to view cluster metrics

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.