Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DELETE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Databricks partners have to pay for certification exams?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Databricks advertises the Partner Academy as being completely free. However, when you try to apply for an exam on a separate certification site you are asked to pay 200$+. Is the exam supposed to be free for partners as well or is it paid for everyone?

3 REPLIES 3

jose_gonzalez

Adding @Kaniz Fatma​ for visibility. Kaniz, would you be able to help wit this question?

Hi @Andraž Benko​, Thank you for your question. The team will reach out to you soon.

stefnhuy
New Contributor III

Hey,

I totally get where Anonymous is coming from – the confusion around Databricks Partner Academy's certification costs can be frustrating. It's natural to expect that if the academy is promoted as free, the certification exams should follow suit. My experience with Databricks has been mostly positive, but I've also noticed this issue.

From what I know, Databricks had been making efforts to offer their Partner Academy courses for free to partners, which is awesome for skill-building. However, it seems they might not have extended this policy to certification exams, which is a bit disappointing.

My suggestion for Anonymous is to reach out directly to Databricks' support or their partner program contact to clarify this matter. (I'm afraid not everyone views forum posts). They might have updates or explanations about the exam fees that could help you make an informed decision.

In the meantime, remember that investing in certification can pay off in terms of career growth and marketability. If the cost is a concern, maybe consider it as an investment in your professional development. If we're talking about financial literacy today, this resource is a must-read: Ecosystem Thinking in Finance: Which Approach Should You Choose? I'm sure this will point you in the right direction.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.