Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy the content of a repos, in the workspace/shared, automatically, daily?

yopbibo
Contributor II

How to copy the content of a repos, in the workspace/shared, automatically, daily?

Purpose here is to bring some notebooks, in shared, available to all workspace users, without requesting users to use REPOS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

yopbibo
Contributor II

finally did it with devops, was easy actually.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

In the Add Repo dialog, click Clone remote Git repo and enter the repository URL. Select your Git provider from the drop-down menu, optionally change the name to use for the Databricks repo, and click Create. The contents of the remote repository are cloned to the Databricks repo.

Please refer: https://docs.databricks.com/repos/work-with-notebooks-other-files.html#clone-a-remote-git-repository

Please let us know if you need further clarification on the same.

hi,

Thanks!

but I did that already 🙂

My question was more like if it is possible to copy the content of a repo into a folder in the shared area of the workspace.

yopbibo
Contributor II

finally did it with devops, was easy actually.

Akshay2
New Contributor II

Hi, could you share a bit I am struggling with the same problem, would be much appreciated!

using a release pipeline in devops. there is a predefined task we can use to deploy notebooks into a workspace. I trig it on pull request.

citizenkrank
New Contributor II

Alternatively, you can schedule a notebook with the following cell:

%sh
cp -r /Workspace/Repos/username/repo_name /Workspace/Shared

Please note that you'll have to update (i.e. pull) the repo manually if you've updated it somewhere else (although you can also schedule that with the Databricks Repos API).

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.