Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming pipeline orchestration

Abhijeet
New Contributor III

For a batch job I can use ADF and Databricks notebook activity to create a pipeline.

Similarly what Azure stack I should use to run Structured streaming Databricks notebook for a production ready pipeline.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I would run from databricks not ADF but you can start the notebook with the streaming job from ADF, but you need to think about logic, and also, ADF will wait idly for the streaming to finish so that you will pay double. There are many Azure stream options, but you run streaming notebook only from Azure Databricks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Abhijeet Singh​ I believe you need to ask this query in Azure/Microsoft forum.

@Hubert Dudek​ / @Werner Stinckens​  do you have any inputs on this?

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I would run from databricks not ADF but you can start the notebook with the streaming job from ADF, but you need to think about logic, and also, ADF will wait idly for the streaming to finish so that you will pay double. There are many Azure stream options, but you run streaming notebook only from Azure Databricks.

Abhijeet
New Contributor III

ok Sure

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Abhijeet Singh​ ​, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information helps resolve your question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.