Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRANT permission not working on Storage Credential using DBR 11.2 Shared mode

parthsalvi
Contributor

We were trying to update permissions of Storage credential using DBR 11.2 Shared mode but running into following issue Operation not allowed: GRANT(line 1, pos 0)

PFA complete error in file.

Is the above issue with cluster permission or changing permission is not allowed ?

7 REPLIES 7

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Parth Salvi​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Debayan Mukherjee​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

parthsalvi
Contributor

Hi @Debayan Mukherjee​  @Kaniz Fatma​ , I was able to grant permissions using SQL script but when I use Storage Credential using DBR 11.2 Shared mode it's throwing above issue.

I've used the same cluster to update permissions for catalog, schemas and tables that's working fine.

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Parth Salvi​ , could you please paste the full error here, also, it is better to create a support case with Databricks with the whole error.

Hi @Debayan Mukherjee​ I've attached error in file named grant_error. Please check in above response.​ I'll create a support case for the same.

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@Parth Salvi​ Thanks for the confirmation. I have seen the error, it looks like few of the lines were skipped, as I can see after line number 1, line number 775 has been appeared. We would like to see the whole error here to triage further. Thank you!

@Debayan Mukherjee​  It's the entire error, line 775 is in different file session.py which is built in package file. ​

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.