Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLT Pipeline Retries

kfoster
Contributor

Is there a way to limit how many retries DLT Pipelines run when in "Production" mode? What is the key value pair I use in the configuration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cedric
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Kristian Foster​,

Yes. We have two spark configuration that can be set. pipelines.numStreamRetryAttempts and pipelines.numUpdateRetryAttempts. The former configures how many times we retry each flow before failing the update. The latter configures how many times we retry the entire pipeline before marking it as a fatally failed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cedric
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Kristian Foster​,

Yes. We have two spark configuration that can be set. pipelines.numStreamRetryAttempts and pipelines.numUpdateRetryAttempts. The former configures how many times we retry each flow before failing the update. The latter configures how many times we retry the entire pipeline before marking it as a fatally failed.

Thanks @Cedric Law Hing Ping​ , that is what I was looking for in docs. Is there a doc you can share that lists all the options? Just so I can bookmark for future reference?

Cedric
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Kristian Foster​,

Glad to help you out! I haven't seen this anywhere in the docs either specifically regarding this. I'll ask the docs team. Meanwhile, please feel free to bookmark https://docs.databricks.com/workflows/delta-live-tables/index.html as it contains the latest information regarding DLT.

Thanks @Cedric Law Hing Ping​ , it would be nice if they could update the docs with that information. Thanks again.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.