Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does libraries installation happen on Data Plane or Control Plane?

jwilliam
Contributor

Currently, when I install libraries on my clusters. This errors happens:

WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLEOFError(8, 'EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:1131)'))': /simple/pyyaml/
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/pyyaml/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/pyyaml/ (Caused by SSLError(SSLEOFError(8, 'EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:1131)'))) - skipping
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pyyaml
ERROR: No matching distribution found for pyyaml

I wonder if the libraries is installed under Data Plane or Control Plane? Because my Data Plane is under a proxy for security reason so I suspect maybe the libraries installation happens in Data Plane, but not very sure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

User16752242622
Valued Contributor

Hi @John William​ 

Your suspicion is right. Library installation happens at the data plane itself. All the customer workloads reside in the data plane and it is where your data is processed.

The library installation failure is probably due to the restrictions with public internet. It is failing while hitting the pypi repo website

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

User16752242622
Valued Contributor

Hi @John William​ 

Your suspicion is right. Library installation happens at the data plane itself. All the customer workloads reside in the data plane and it is where your data is processed.

The library installation failure is probably due to the restrictions with public internet. It is failing while hitting the pypi repo website

Sivaprasad1
Valued Contributor II

@John William​ : Yeah that's true. All the clusters will be residing in the data plane.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.