Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have the powerbi connector step into "hive_metastore" automatically?

Erik
Valued Contributor II

We are distributing pbids files providing the connection info to databricks. It contains options passed to the "Databricks.Catalogs " function implementing the connection to databricks. It is my understanding that databricks has made this together with Microsoft, thats why I am asking question here. If one passes the "Database" option then the connector only lists the tables in the provided database. But is there some way to specify that I want it to go into the "hive_metastore" catalog? At the moment it shows "hive_metastore" and "samples", and we would like our users to not have to relate to the cryptic "hive_metastore".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, I guess only when you set the database also. When I am setting only the catalog, it shows all anyway. It is JSON so that you can experiment, as I can not find any doc.

image.png 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, I guess only when you set the database also. When I am setting only the catalog, it shows all anyway. It is JSON so that you can experiment, as I can not find any doc.

image.png 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Erik Parmann​ 

Does @Hubert Dudek​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.