cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metastore creation - Azure Databricks - Access validation failed

Alex006
Contributor

Hi,

Getting "Access validation failed" when trying to create a metastore. Anyone noticed anything extra needed to be done except for what's written in the azure guides below?

Any help on how to succeed with creating a metastore would be deeply appreciated.

Main guide followed for setup: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/data-governance/unity-catalog/get-started

Guide followed to create a managed identity for the Azure Databricks access connector: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/data-governance/unity-catalog/azure-managed-ident...

Access validation failed when trying to create a metastoreRole assignment to azure databricks connector in the storage account

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex006
Contributor

Hi! The problem has been resolved and the issue was a simple blank space that had found it's way into the ADLS Gen 2 absolute path.

Thanks for the support!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Alexander Mafi​, Please look at the similar thread and let us know if that helps.

jose_gonzalez

Hi @Alexander Mafi​,

Please check Kaniz's link and let us know if it helps to resolve your error messages or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Alexander Mafi​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Alex006
Contributor

Hi! The problem has been resolved and the issue was a simple blank space that had found it's way into the ADLS Gen 2 absolute path.

Thanks for the support!

Hein
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm getting the same issue as @Alex006, I check my permissions as well as followed the documentation and still the same issue, no blank space issue, any advise? thanks

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Hein , Does @Alex006 issue not solve your issue?

Hein
New Contributor III

Hi @Kaniz.,

Nope still having the same issue

abarber
New Contributor II

hi @Kaniz - i am also having the same issue. followed all steps here: https://docs.databricks.com/en/data-governance/unity-catalog/get-started.html#cloud-tenant-setup-aws

still getting the same error

YakupOeztuerk
New Contributor III

Hi @Kaniz I am also having the same issue. 3 weeks ago everthing was fine, but now it doesn't work. 

abarber
New Contributor II

I was told this was a bug that was fixed on Monday. We’re using AWS, and I was able to create the metastore on Tuesday without error.

Hein
New Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you, its working as well on my side.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.