Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linking filters from different Databricks SQL queries in a Dashboard

vanessafvg
New Contributor III

I am having to use Databricks SQL dashboard for some analysis, it seems very clunky. If i have multiple queries, is it possible to apply the same filters to all the queries in the dashboard or do i have to duplicate the filters for each query in the dashboard.

3 REPLIES 3

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

hi @Vanessa Van Gelder​ If the parameters key values are the same for all the queries, then the same filter should help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Vanessa Van Gelder​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

FelixH
New Contributor II

Same issue here. According the docs, using query filters with the same name and values should result in a single dashboard filter. However, filters are duplicated. I also tried using this setting but no successScreenshot 2023-01-06 at 09.47.00

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.