Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serverless SQL Datawarehouse cluster failing to launch

HZ
New Contributor III

Hope someone may able to help, got a serverless SQL datawarehouse in SQL workspace, it was created by another member in the team and it had been working all good over past month.

The person who created this serverless SQL datawarehouse left the team and his account is removed.

Then when I try to use the serveless SQL datawarehouse or start the SQL datawarehouse, get an error of cluster failing to launch.

I do have permission to create cluster under the Data Science and Engineering workspace and have the rights of Can Manage under SQL workspace.

Is there anything else i shall do or check to solve this problem?

5 REPLIES 5

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Helen Zhang​ , Could you please mention the error getting surfaced when you are trying to launch the cluster?

HZ
New Contributor III

image.pngI think the user in the error message is the one we removed, who created the sql datawarehouse. Does it mean if the person who created the sql datawarehouse left the organisation, other member wont be able to start the cluster in that sql datawarehouse and need to re create another one? Thanks

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Helen Zhang​ on the left side (with 3 dots) of Start tab of you SQL warehouse, can you see if you can add your username

HZ
New Contributor III

Yes, i have already added myself as Can Manage for the SQL warehouse and get the above error message

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Helen Zhang​ 

Hope all is well!

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.