cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create Key Vault secrets scope with NPIP Workspace

Soma
Valued Contributor

Hi Team for secure connection we created secured cluster with

NPIP(https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/security/secure-cluster-connectivity) WORKSPACE hosted in a private VNET.

We had a hub vnet with private endpoint for key vault ,

We peered the ADB Vnet with Hub Vnet.

When I tried connecting to key vault url from ADB notebook it is resolving the IP

But when I tried connecting to key vault to create secret scope the dns for this key vault is not getting resolved but at the same time it is working with without NPIP WORKSPACE hosted in a private VNET

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

It works from Notebook as the notebook is executed on the driver on your vnet. The Control panel is in a different place. In databricks subnets there is a need to create a service endpoint (Create service endpoint policies to allow traffic to specific azure resources from your virtual network over service endpoints)image.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @somanath Sankaran​ , did you face any error? if yes, could you please paste the error snapshot here?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @somanath Sankaran​ ​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Debayan Mukherjee​ , and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.

If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with more details and try to help.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Soma
Valued Contributor

@Kaniz Fatma​ @Debayan Mukherjee​ 

ScreenShot

We see an issue in docs because only for premium workspace we can create NPIP as per docs

but I created one through non-premium workspace .

Resolution : We created a cluster with Managed Own Vnet without NPIP.

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

It works from Notebook as the notebook is executed on the driver on your vnet. The Control panel is in a different place. In databricks subnets there is a need to create a service endpoint (Create service endpoint policies to allow traffic to specific azure resources from your virtual network over service endpoints)image.png

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @somanath Sankaran​ ​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Hubert Dudek​, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.

If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with more details and try to help.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.