Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

python wheel cannot be installed as library.

vk217
Contributor

When I try to install the python whl library, I get the below error. However I can install it as a jar and it works fine. One difference is that I am creating my own cluster by cloning an existing cluster and copying the whl to a folder called testing in dbfs.

Is it mandatory that the whl should be in dbfs:/FileStore/jars/ folder?

Library installation attempted on the driver node of cluster 0930-154215-fcm3m6pc and failed. Please refer to the following error message to fix the library or contact Databricks support. Error Code: DRIVER_LIBRARY_INSTALLATION_FAILURE. Error Message: org.apache.spark.SparkException: Process List(/databricks/python/bin/pip, install, --upgrade, --find-links=/local_disk0/spark-1032c562-aec3-4228-b221-6a5b507e6b65/userFiles-5ea00ae0-697e-4804-98e4-987fd932aebe, /local_disk0/spark-1032c562-aec3-4228-b221-6a5b507e6b65/userFiles-5ea00ae0-697e-4804-98e4-987fd932aebe/shared_functions-1.0.0.0-py3-none-any.whl, --disable-pip-version-check) exited with code

1. ERROR: shared-functions has an invalid wheel, .dist-info directory 'shared_functions-1.0.0.0.dist-info' does not start with 'shared-functions'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vk217
Contributor

The issue was that the package was renamed after it was installed to the cluster and hence it was not recognized.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Sivaprasad1
Valued Contributor II

@Vikas Bā€‹ : What DBR version you are using?

Could you please do

%sh

ls -l /dbfs/FileStore/shared_functions-1.0.0.0-py3-none-any.whl

from a notebook

@Sivaprasad C Sā€‹  This is what I get when I run that command.

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20951 Oct 12 16:51 /dbfs/FileStore/shared_functions-1.0.0.0-py3-none-any.whl

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I think you have - (dash) in some places and _ (low dash) in others. Please unify.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Vikas Bā€‹ 

Hope all is well!

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

vk217
Contributor

The issue was that the package was renamed after it was installed to the cluster and hence it was not recognized.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.