Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package cells (scala), who uses them?

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

So I was wondering who uses package cells in scala?

We have this library (jar) which has some useful functions we use all over the place. But that's about it. So I think we can do the same thing without a jar but with package cells.

But I never hear anyone talking about them so I was wondering if there is something inherently bad about them or something like that.

We exclusively use notebooks btw.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I think most of us use Python and SQL here, so it will be hard to find anyone who provides the answer 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I think most of us use Python and SQL here, so it will be hard to find anyone who provides the answer 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Werner Stinckens​ 

Hope all is well!

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Well I guess nobody here uses package cells as a month has passed and nobody replied (except Hubert saying nobody uses it, so I guess he has the correct answer 🙂

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.