Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When adding new columns with overwriteSchema = True it does not add it to UC

ossinova
Contributor II

I have discovered some strange behavior when adding new columns to a table associated with Unity Catalog. I overwrote the data specifying overwriteSchema = True and passing in the abfss path as it is an external table.

When quering against it, it is discovered, however when I use information_schema and data explorer it is not listed.

Screenshot 2022-10-14 120710 

Does it have something to do with it still being associated to the old hive_metastore? I am having a hard time to figure it out and any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I bet that issue is that you update it as an external table. So as it is not managed table, then infromation_schema is not updated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Oscar Dyremyhr​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.