Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Stored Procedure in Databricks

elgeo
Valued Contributor II

Hello. Is there an equivalent of SQL stored procedure in Databricks? Please note that I need a procedure that allows DML statements and not only Select statement as a function provides.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ELENI GEORGOUSI​ , That doesn't seem to be supported yet.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ELENI GEORGOUSI​, Thank you for your question and for using our Community for learning purposes.

You may check out the below articles, which explains how to call a stored procedure through Databricks Notebooks:

I hope this will help. Please let us know if you have any further queries.

elgeo
Valued Contributor II

Hello @Kaniz Fatma​. Thank you for your prompt reply. I have already read these articles. However my question is if there is a way to create an SP in Databricks and not call one through a jdbc connection. Thanks again

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ELENI GEORGOUSI​ , That doesn't seem to be supported yet.

Chris_Shehu
Valued Contributor III

Any updates on this? Are SPROC like features expected in the future? Or do stored SQL queries have all the same functionality? I know we can call those remotely. Thanks!

Meghala
Valued Contributor II

Thanks it's also helpfull to me​

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.