Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Parameter Returns Incorrect Time

Zach-dbMotion
New Contributor II

For some reason, the parameter keeps showing me my local time in UTC. When converting this parameter from EST, the offset is wrong. In the screenshot, you can see that my local session TZ is set to ETC/UTC (for whatever reason). It looks like the parameter is taking my OS clock time, and then appending the session TZ, creating a timestamp with an incorrect offset.

Please see the attachment as an example.

Can someone tell me how I am supposed to translate this so I can use it in a where clause? Is this a bug?

This happens when I test in Edge and Chrome. This behavior also occurs when I set our SQL endpoint to the preview channel v 2022.35

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Zachary Higgins​ 

Hope everything is going great.

Does @Prasad Wagh​ response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.