Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure Databricks: Error Creating Cluster

verargulla
New Contributor III

We have provisioned a new workspace in Azure using our own VNet. Upon creating the first cluster, I encounter this error:

Control Plane Request Failure:
Failed to get instance bootstrap steps from the Databricks Control Plane. Please check that instances have connectivity to the Databricks Control Plane. Instance bootstrap failed command: GetRunbook Failure

I couldn't find any meaningful item on the error message, and neither could I find anything online specific to this error message. Has anyone else encountered this error? Should we create a support ticket to Microsoft?

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ver Argulla​, If your Azure Databricks workspace is deployed to your own virtual network (VNet), you can use custom routes, also known as user-defined routes (UDR), to ensure that network traffic is routed correctly for your workspace. For example, if you connect the virtual network to your on-premises network, traffic may be routed through the on-premises network and unable to reach the Azure Databricks control plane. User-defined routes can solve that problem.

Please go through this article for more information in detail.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

sohailshaikh
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have similar setup with private network with UDR to route everything trhough hub firewall, workspace is accessible from vpn and other network i can create serverless clusters but cluster with vm's is not bootstrapping

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Ver Argulla​ 

Hope everything is going great.

Does @Kaniz Fatma​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.