Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move folder from dbfs location to user workspace directory in azure databricks

Data_Engineer3
Contributor II

I need to move group of files(python or scala file from)or folder from dbfs location to user workspace directory in azure databricks to do testing on file.

Its verify difficult to upload each file one by one into the user workspace directory, so is it possible to move file from dbfs location to user workspace directory in azure databricks?

Since i am not able to upload folder instead of file directly or huge than some particular size, could you suggest the way to move or copy files into user workspace directory in azure databricks.

2 REPLIES 2

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

dbutils.fs.mv or dbutils.fs.cp can help you.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KARTHICK N​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Werner Stinckens​​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.