cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating FeatureStore

Cirsa
New Contributor II

Hi,

When trying to create the first table in the Feature Store i get a message: ''DataFrame' object has no attribute 'isEmpty'... but it is not.

So I cannot use the function: feature_store.create_table()

With this code you should be able to reproduce the problem:

#CHUNK 1

raw_data = spark.read.format("delta").load("/databricks-datasets/nyctaxi-with-zipcodes/subsampled")

# CHUNK 2

%sql 

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS FS1;

# CHUNK 3

from databricks import feature_store

fs = feature_store.FeatureStoreClient()

fs.create_table(

name="FS1.XX",

primary_keys = ["dropoff_zip"],

df = raw_data ,

description = "Titanic Passenger Features")

AttributeError: 'DataFrame' object has no attribute 'isEmpty'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

There is no df_train in your code. I have included the link to the feature store API doc. It can be helpful for you. Also, please set DBR to 11.3 LTS, as the API for FeatureStoreClient has changed. https://docs.databricks.com/_static/documents/feature-store-python-api-reference-0-7-0.pdf

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

There is no df_train in your code. I have included the link to the feature store API doc. It can be helpful for you. Also, please set DBR to 11.3 LTS, as the API for FeatureStoreClient has changed. https://docs.databricks.com/_static/documents/feature-store-python-api-reference-0-7-0.pdf

Cirsa
New Contributor II

@Hubert Dudek​Sry about the 'df_train', I forgot to change it (the error I commented is real with the proper DF). 

Changing the DBR to 11.3 LTS solved the problem. Thanks!

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Great. Would you mind selecting my answer as the best one?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.