Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks SQL dashboard refresh

noimeta
Contributor II

We have scheduled a dashboard to automatically refresh at some specific time.

However, some visualizations in the dashboard don't get refreshed at the scheduled time.

Checking the query logs, we found the source queries were properly executed, but the visualization didn't get updated.

Anyone knows how to resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

noimeta
Contributor II

I created a new dashboard from scratch, and it's working properly now.

Anyway, the old one is still not working.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @noi metaaphanon​, Dashboards do not live refresh when you present them from the dashboard view. To schedule a dashboard to refresh at a specified interval, schedule the notebook that generates the dashboard graphs.

https://docs.databricks.com/notebooks/dashboards.html#create-a-scheduled-job-to-refresh-a-dashboard

Vivian_Wilfred
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @noi metaaphanon​ Are you following the correct approach to refresh the dashboard? If yes, are you making any changes to the dashboard parameters and expecting the dashboard visualization to update at refreshes?

The value that dashboard refresh uses is the default value of the parameter saved by the first query in the dashboard that uses it. Try setting the default value in the query and see if the visualizations are updating.

noimeta
Contributor II

Thank you for the answers.

I'm using Databricks SQL environment, not the Data Science & Engineering one. And, I scheduled the dashboard following this guideline: https://docs.databricks.com/sql/user/dashboards/index.html#automatically-refresh-a-dashboard

Also, the issue occurs on only one dashboard. The rest dashboards work fine.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @noi metaaphanon​, Is it working fine now?

noimeta
Contributor II

I created a new dashboard from scratch, and it's working properly now.

Anyway, the old one is still not working.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @noi metaaphanon​, Thank you for your quick response. Does that resolve your issue?

Are we good on closing this thread by marking a best answer?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.