cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API to write into Databricks tables

Viren123
Contributor

Hello Experts,

Is there any API in databricks that allows to write the data in the Databricks tables. I would like to send small size Logs information to Databricks tables from other service. What are my options?

Thank you very much.

6 REPLIES 6

Pat
Honored Contributor III

Hi @Viren Devi​ ,

I guess one option of writing data into the Databricks tables or Delta Tables to be specific is to use for example Delta Tables writer: https://delta-io.github.io/delta-rs/python/usage.html#writing-delta-tables

I am not sure how this will work with the Databricks Unity Catalog managing access to the data, TBH.

Depends on your requirements. You can write the data into the landing location, then load it into Delta Tables every hour/day.

Thanks,

Pat.

thank you Pat. I will check this and test. Appreciate the support.

Hello,

I think I was not exactly clear in my requirement. I would like to write into Delta tables from outside the databricks i.e other cloud services. I believe write API works when we are writing the data when in the databricks instance itself?

jneira
New Contributor III

and what about use the jdbc/odbc driver, either programatically or using a tool like dbeaver?​

we do have a custom driver to pull the data out but we would need to change it for writing it in Databricks. Will try HTTP API first and if unsuccessful go with driver approach. Thanks for the nice suggestion.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Viren Devi​, It would mean a lot if you could select the "Best Answer" to help others find the correct answer faster.

This makes that answer appear right after the question, so it's easier to find within a thread.

It also helps us mark the question as answered so we can have more eyes helping others with unanswered questions.

Can I count on you?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.