Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh Dashboard also make all related queried refresh?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have a quick currious. I know both query and dashboard page in Databricks SQL have refresh button to can them refresh. But one question it, when I'm in Dashboard page and click the refesh button. Does this thing also force every related queries in refresh?

Thank you all very much and have a nice day? 😉

BR,

Jensen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unforgiven
Valued Contributor III

@Jensen Ackles​  Here is answer your concern. that is i found on doc databrick as link below :

https://docs.databricks.com/sql/user/dashboards/index.html#refresh-a-dashboard

Hope this can help on this case

Refresh a dashboard

Dashboards should load quickly because they fetch their data from a cache that renews whenever a query runs. But if you haven’t run the queries recently, your dashboard might be stale. It could even mix old data with new if some queries ran more recently than others. Verify when your visualizations were last refreshed.

Each time a dashboard is refreshed, either manually or on a schedule, all queries in the dashboard and all upstream queries, including those used by parameters, are refreshed. When an individual visualization is refreshed, all upstream queries, including those used by parameters, are refreshed.

Manually refresh a dashboard

To force a refresh, click Refresh on the top right of the dashboard. This runs all the dashboard queries and updates its visualizations.

Cheer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Unforgiven
Valued Contributor III

@Jensen Ackles​  Here is answer your concern. that is i found on doc databrick as link below :

https://docs.databricks.com/sql/user/dashboards/index.html#refresh-a-dashboard

Hope this can help on this case

Refresh a dashboard

Dashboards should load quickly because they fetch their data from a cache that renews whenever a query runs. But if you haven’t run the queries recently, your dashboard might be stale. It could even mix old data with new if some queries ran more recently than others. Verify when your visualizations were last refreshed.

Each time a dashboard is refreshed, either manually or on a schedule, all queries in the dashboard and all upstream queries, including those used by parameters, are refreshed. When an individual visualization is refreshed, all upstream queries, including those used by parameters, are refreshed.

Manually refresh a dashboard

To force a refresh, click Refresh on the top right of the dashboard. This runs all the dashboard queries and updates its visualizations.

Cheer

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor II

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all your support. It's totally clear for me now!!!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.