Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not find "Create Catalog "and "Create Metastore" on Azure Databricks.

parulpaul
New Contributor III

I am trying to set up Unity Catalog in Azure Databricks following this documentation Unity Catalog, but I do not find "Create Metastore" and "Create Metastore" on Databricks.

Please help with the same, how can I enable Unity Catalog.

6 REPLIES 6

Harun
Honored Contributor

Hi @Parul Paul​ ,

Kindly check whether you are having the below requirements before proceeding with the UC creation steps.

Requirements:

• Databricks account admin can only create a metastore and assign a metastore admin. In AAD, Global administrators is the default databricks account admin who can delegate it to other group/user.
  • A cluster to access Unity Catalog should set its access mode to either single user or shared access mode and Databricks runtime version to Runtime: 11.1 (Scala 2.12, Spark 3.2.1) or higher.

Cami
Contributor III

I don't know where exactly you are with creating UC, but the person who creates it in Azure must belong to the Azure Active Directory Global Administrator group and log in at https://accounts.azuredatabricks.net/

It is required to create separate storage for metastore ( in the same region where your workspaces reside) and an Access Connector for Azure Databricks to access data on metastore storage.

With these things it should go straightforward. 

Links below 

1. Creation Azure Connector for Azure Databricks
  2. Metastore creation

Nhan_Nguyen
Valued Contributor

Nice sharing, I also have this issue on my side

parulpaul
New Contributor III

It works after enabling Global administrators in ADD.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Parul Paul​ its glad that the issue is resolved. COuld you please mark the best answer so this thread can be closed?

parulpaul
New Contributor III

This issue is resolved. Thank you @Camilla Lok​ and @Harun for the suggestions.

It works fine after enabling Global administrators in Azure Active Directory .

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.