Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monaco editor - Toggle line comment not working

thibault
Contributor

I recently tried the new editor, and usual shortcuts like CTRL + / to comment is ineffective. Is this a known issue? It's working fine with the classic editor, so I am switching back to it in the meantime, but it would be great to use this new addition to Databricks.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thibault
Contributor

It has been fixed now, thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III

Hi @Thibault Daoulas​ 

For Monaco editor, you need to use Alt+click instead of Ctrl+Click to select multiline.

For commenting Ctrl+/ still works..

Cheers..

Thanks for the reply UmaD. We are several persons in our organization who also no longer have Ctrl+/ working. I assume that is a bug?

UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III

This is weird...If it's a bug, it shouldn't be working for anyone...Can you try using onscreen keyboard once ?

There was this weird issue long ago where toggle line comment didn't work on AZERTY keyboards..

Also even though I'm silly, hope you are still in edit mode and not command mode.

Also Try in a different browser. Since you are working in an organization, browsers might be limited to specific and this might be browser related.

UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III

If nothing works, contact support guys..😁

Thanks for all the suggestions! I tried both onscreen keyboard and another browser, in editor mode, none helped.

thibault
Contributor

It has been fixed now, thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.