Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks workspace with custom VPC using terraform in Google Cloud

horatiug
New Contributor III

I am working on Google Cloud and want to create Databricks workspace with custom VPC using terraform. Is that supported ? If yes is it similar to AWS way ?

Thank you

Horatiu

5 REPLIES 5

LandanG
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @horatiu guja​ ,

I may be mistaken but I believe BYO VPC for Terraform + GCP isn't available yet due to a GCP API issue but it should be coming in the near future.

horatiug
New Contributor III

Hi @Landan George​ 

is there any date by which this can be expected to happen ?

LandanG
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @horatiu guja​ ,

Unfortunately I don't know when it will be released. I believe it depends on the Accounts API for GCP which is in private preview. I can check to see if there's a workaround for the time being

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @horatiu guja​ , We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Landan George​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to others.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @horatiu guja​ 

GCP Workspace provisioning using Terraform is public preview now. Please refer to the below doc for the steps.

https://registry.terraform.io/providers/databricks/databricks/latest/docs/guides/gcp-workspace

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.