Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks short cut to split a cell

moski
New Contributor II

Is there a shortcut to split a cell into two in Dtabricks notebook as in Jupiter notebook? in jupyter notebook it is Shift/Ctr/-

9 REPLIES 9

Harshjot
Contributor III

Hi @mundy Jim​ its Ctrl+Alt+Minus for db notebook 🙂

moski
New Contributor II

This works only for jupyter notebook

Harshjot
Contributor III

Please try as its working for me in databricks notebook

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor II

I think still we don't' have any options in databricks notebook.

Rishabh264
Honored Contributor II

yes

we dont have that option till now but hover between the cells in the side-to-side middle and you will see a + sign appear. This is how you can insert cells into the top-to-bottom middle of a notebook.

You can also move cells by hovering in the upper left of each cell. A cross-hairs will appear and you can drag the cell up or down.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mundy Jim​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Rishabh Pandey​​​, @Ajay Pandey​ and @Harshjot Singh​, and I was checking back to see if their suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to others.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Rishabh264
Honored Contributor II

hi @mundy Jim​ i have checked in the databricks that how to split the cells , and there itself it is written that by using shortcut key SHIFT+ALT+(-) you can split the cells , but sometimes due to the processing and databricks issues that will not work

UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III

AS of now, We don't have such option in databricks.

Harshjot
Contributor III

Hi @mundy Jim​ / All,

Attached are two snapshots so first snapshot with one cell if pressed Ctrl+Alt+Minus split into two.😊

S1S2 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.