Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start with Databricks in Google Cloud?

boyelana
Contributor III

I am looking through Google Cloud Platform and I am looking to get started with Databricks on GCP. Happy if anyone can point me in the direction that can provide guidance on how to get started.

Thansk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tunstila
Contributor II

Hi @Babatunde Oyelana​ ,

Kindly watch the on-demand video below to see how to get started with Databricks on Google Cloud:

https://www.databricks.com/explore/gcp-training-series/watch-introduction-google-cloud-series?itm_da...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

tunstila
Contributor II

Hi @Babatunde Oyelana​ ,

Kindly watch the on-demand video below to see how to get started with Databricks on Google Cloud:

https://www.databricks.com/explore/gcp-training-series/watch-introduction-google-cloud-series?itm_da...

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Babatunde Oyelana​ you can directly create databricks from GCP Marketplace

Please use this link to create a databricks workspace in GCP

martinez
New Contributor III

Hey boyelana 😌

Databricks on Google Cloud Platform is definitely an interesting and powerful combination, and I'm thrilled to see that you're looking to get started with it, boyelana!

To begin your journey with Databricks on GCP, there are a few steps you can follow. First, make certain you have a solid understanding of Google Cloud Platform fundamentals. Familiarize your self with services like Google Compute Engine, Google Cloud Storage, and BigQuery as they often combine with Databricks.

Next, head over to the Google Cloud Marketplace and search for Databricks. You'll find a listing for Databricks, and from there, you can deploy the Databricks environment on GCP.

Once you have Databricks up and running, take benefit of the extensive documentation and tutorials provided through Databricks and Google Cloud. They grant step-by-step guides, pattern notebooks, and video tutorials that can assist you examine the ins and outs of the utilization of Databricks on GCP.

Don't forget to join the Databricks and GCP communities, such as forums and online groups, where you can connect with experts and fellow enthusiasts (I discovered the Andersen programming community and we discuss similar things there). It's a great way to ask questions, share experiences, and learn about from others who have already embarked on this journey.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.