Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure Create Metastore button not available

evega
New Contributor III

Dear community, I want to configure the unity catalog with databricks, but the Create MetaStore button does not appear in my Azure Databricks workspace.

In the community, I have seen that several users present the same situation ... What is the reason for this problem?

11 REPLIES 11

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Eddynson Vega​ (Customer)​ metastore creation we need to do from account console and is not visible in workspace , please login to https://accounts.azuredatabricks.net/login as admin and you should be able to

evega
New Contributor III

Dear @karthik p​, following the official documentation, tells me that the data, click on Create Metastore, however, I do not see that option. imageRef: Create a Unity Catalog metastore - Azure Databricks | Microsoft (Web view)

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Eddynson Vega​ above create metastore option will not be visible in your workspace, when you login as admin to above link that i posted then only you can see that create metastore option .

workspace url will be different and account console will be different

Rajesh_P
New Contributor II

I have tried login with the above URL (https://accounts.azuredatabricks.net/login) many times with admin account. The issue remains the same. the Create Metastore button is not available, and we are in the premium plan.

evega
New Contributor III

Hello Databricks @Rajesh Paul​ , I already found the solution: To login as an administrator (https://accounts.azuredatabricks.net/login), it is necessary to have the role of global administrator on the azure subscription, otherwise it will never appear.

evega
New Contributor III

@karthik p​ I'm the account admin and I'm still looking at the same console with the url you provided, I don't know what's going on.

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Eddynson Vega​ is your data bricks account is in premium plan

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes it need to be on premium plan.

evega
New Contributor III

@karthik p​ @Hubert Dudek​ My account is premium plan and yet when I log in as an administrator, I can't look at the option to create metastore

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Eddynson Vega​ above are main pre-requisites, can you please reach your data bricks account executive to check if anything missing from account end

evega
New Contributor III

Hello Databricks Community, good news! I already found the solution: To login as an administrator, it is necessary to have the role of global administrator on the azure subscription, otherwise it will never appear.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.