Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databrick notebook to Azure SQL server connection using private ip because Public access is Denied in Azure SQL database, and Databrick and Azure SQL both in same subscription but different Virtual Network.

Databrick_begin
New Contributor

We have created private endpoint for Azure SQL database which has private ip. and by making host file entry in my system i am able to resolve Ip for Azure sql server from my system and connect to Server. but unable to connect from Azure Databrick notebook because it is not resolving the IP address. We have peering in place between Databrick VNET and Azure SQLPrivate endpoint Vnet. Looking for Approach to connect Databrick notebook to Azure SQL database.

1 REPLY 1

Ryoma
New Contributor II

If vnet injection is not used, the connection could be established by setting up an init script with azure private resolver as nameserver.

#!/bin/bash

mv /etc/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf.orig

echo nameserver <your dns server ip> | sudo tee --append /etc/resolv.conf

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.