Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create "Notification destinations"/"Alert destinations" through API or Pulumi/Terraform?

PawelK
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm looking for a way of defining notification destination using API or Pulumi/Terraform providers.

However I cannot find it anywhere. Could you please help and advice if i'm missing something or it's not available at the moment?

And If it's not available are you planing to implement it?

The only way to create notification destination I can see now is either on "Admin Console"/"Notification destinations" or "SQL Admin Console"/"Alert destinations".

Kind regards,

Pawel K.

4 REPLIES 4

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes you can create Alert destinations API

PawelK
New Contributor II

I don't think so - I assume you're talking about https://docs.databricks.com/sql/api/queries-dashboards.html and /alerts/... API. However it's meant to manage Alerts only. I don't see an endpoint for creating "Alert destination"

Also it doesn't answer how to create "Admin Console"/"Notification destinations"

JordanYaker
Contributor

Did anyone ever find an answer on this?

JordanYaker
Contributor

This issue seems to point to the lack of a public API being the culprit behind the lack of a resource for Terraform.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.