cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notebooks cells limit

db-avengers2rul
Contributor II

Dear Team,

is there a limit in notebook cells in a single notebook in community edition ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

There is no limit but it's recommended to don't go over 100 cells to make sure you still have a great notebook performances especially while loading the cells/results

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It should be about 100 cells. I don't think community edition or the premium edition are different in this regard. That said, you shouldn't have more than 100 cells in a notebook as you can always separate out your logic into other notebooks.

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

no limit as a premium user, but it never looks good if you have very long notebook,instead of this you can create multiple notebook and run them via %run command

youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

There is no limit but it's recommended to don't go over 100 cells to make sure you still have a great notebook performances especially while loading the cells/results

Harun
Honored Contributor

No limits, but i faced some slowness when i had 100+ cells, so in that case better split the notebook and run it inside the other notebook using %run /02_notebook/

ramravi
Contributor II

I think no limit on the number of cells. However, it is best practice to separate the code into different notebooks based on functionality. This way code would be more readable.

Meghala
Valued Contributor II

there no limit on the number of cells

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.