Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While accessing the data on recipient side using delta_sharing.load_table_changes_as_spark(), it shows data of all versions.

Mahesh_789
New Contributor II

When I tried to access specific version data and set the arguments value to the specific number, I get all version data.

data1 = delta_sharing.load_table_changes_as_spark(table_url, starting_version=1, ending_version=1)

data2 = delta_sharing.load_table_changes_as_spark(table_url, starting_version=2, ending_version=2)

Here data1 and data2 gives the same data. When I check the same version data using load_table_changes_as_pandas(), it gives specific version data.

data1 = delta_sharing.load_table_changes_as_pandas(table_url, starting_version=1, ending_version=1)

data2 = delta_sharing.load_table_changes_as_pandas(table_url, starting_version=2, ending_version=2)

In the pandas scenario, data1 is having version 1 data and data2 is having version 2 data. Both of these, data1 and data2, are having different data which was as expected.

What we have to do to get the specific version data in spark dataframe using load_table_changes_as_spark function?

0 REPLIES 0
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.