Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity catalog with delta live tables

Rishabh264
Honored Contributor II

hey i want to know how we can create my delta tables in unity catalog by the use of delta live tables pipelines or any other method by which we can create delta live tables to the unity catalog???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can't yet. DLT doesn't support "catalog". What you can do however is import to a target schema in your hive_metastore and then "upgrade" that schema to Unity Catalog. The originating pipeline pointing at the old schema pipes into the appropriate place in UC. I'm personally not doing this because it feels like a temporary hack and am waiting until DLT fully supports "catalog" with schema as a variable in @dlt.table(name, schema).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rishabh264
Honored Contributor II

@Ajay Pandey​  @Devarsh Shah​ @Punit Chauhan​ 

hey @Rishabh Pandey​ refer this link

https://docs.databricks.com/release-notes/unity-catalog/20220825.html

it might be help you

Rishabh264
Honored Contributor II

hey @Punit Chauhan​ thanks for the link you have provided , but i am looking something else

You can't yet. DLT doesn't support "catalog". What you can do however is import to a target schema in your hive_metastore and then "upgrade" that schema to Unity Catalog. The originating pipeline pointing at the old schema pipes into the appropriate place in UC. I'm personally not doing this because it feels like a temporary hack and am waiting until DLT fully supports "catalog" with schema as a variable in @dlt.table(name, schema).

Sulfikkar
Contributor

How long should we wait to use DLT on top of the unity catalog?

Rishabh264
Honored Contributor II

Now this feature is in public preview , now DLT support unity catalog

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.