Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Timezone understanding

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

Today I was working in Timezone kind of data but my Singapore user want to see their time in the Data and USA user want to see their time in the data

instead of both, we all are getting UTC time,how to solve this issue

Please guide

Data can be anything but time should be there

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III
6 REPLIES 6

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

@Pat Sienkiewiczโ€‹ , @Hubert Dudekโ€‹  please guide me here

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Aviral Bhardwajโ€‹ have you tried setting the timezone?

https://docs.databricks.com/sql/language-manual/sql-ref-syntax-aux-conf-mgmt-set-timezone.html

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

@Prabakar Ammeappinโ€‹  you are always awesome but the thing is that I don't want to do this with my customer , I just want whenever they will query they will get their time zone ,without any query update

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

In SQL Admin Console, you can set a timezone parameter, but it will be for the whole workspace https://docs.databricks.com/sql/admin/sql-configuration-parameters.html.

Additionally, how your customer connects? It may be easier to do on a tool like PowerBI.

daniel_sahal
Honored Contributor III

I don't think that there's an easy way to switch the timezones when reading the data. Even if it was possible then it could cause some data inconsistency (ex. different date could be reported within different timezones).

If you really need that IMO you should create some custom views that shows the data with different timezones.

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

I got it guys it was happening due to a library conflict now your answers are really helpful I tried all things

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.