BWong
New Contributor III

Hi

When I try to spin up a cluster, it gives me a bootstrap timeout error

{

"reason": {

"code": "BOOTSTRAP_TIMEOUT",

"parameters": {

"databricks_error_message": "[id: InstanceId(i-00b2b7acdd82e5fde), status: INSTANCE_INITIALIZING, workerEnvId:WorkerEnvId(workerenv-696756232821330-464716cc-9cde-40c3-801b-2fd22c730b92), lastStatusChangeTime: 1672839978982, groupIdOpt None,requestIdOpt Some(1027-150240-fzpsvxhz-4f60193c-2bf8-47ae-a),version 1] with threshold 700 seconds timed out after 701403 milliseconds. Please check network connectivity from the data plane to the control plane.",

"instance_id": "i-00b2b7acdd82e5fde"

}

}

}

The weird thing is if I start a new cluster in the same workspace, I have exactly the same problem. But if I create a new workspace with the same Credential configuration and same Storage configuration, then I can create a new cluster and start it with no problem.

The system log from EC2 instance i-00b2b7acdd82e5fde is attached

Any help would be much appreciated!

Billy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BWong
New Contributor III

Thanks guys. It's indeed a network issue on the AWS side. It's resolved now

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

It seems like a network (routing, subnets) configuration issue.

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, As per the error says, "Please check network connectivity from the data plane to the control plane." Could you please cross verify the network configurations in your data plane and let us know if that helps.

BWong
New Contributor III

Thanks guys. It's indeed a network issue on the AWS side. It's resolved now

Cano
New Contributor III

Can you please provide details on how you were able to resolve this problem? I am currently experiencing the same thing and I am confused on how to tackle it.

BWong
New Contributor III

Hi @Cano, I looked for the instances on AWS console created by Databricks, then checked its VPC. My problem was a inbound rules in the ACL was restricted to SSH. Once I changed it to allow all inbound traffic it works correctly

Cano
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response @Billy Wong​ , it unfortunately didn't work even after all the network requirements were met. I am going to try to create a new workspace 😔 and see if that helps.

Cano
New Contributor III

@Billy Wong​ 

Can you please confirm if you use a NAT gateway or internet gateway?

Kaviana
New Contributor III

@BWong  @Cano 

Good morning, I want to ask you if you may share knowledge of how it was adjusted from AWS?

Thank you

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.