Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Kafka configured on your PC with Databricks?

aiwithqasim
Contributor

I'm working on the case to configure Kafka that is installed on my machine (Laptop) & I want to connect it with my Databricks account hosted on the AWS cloud.

Secondly, I have CSV files that I want to use for real-time processing from Kafka to Databrick dbfs, where I'll process the data coming live from Kafka.

Best,
Qasim Hassan
Data Engineer @Royal Cyber
Databricks UG Pakistan Lead
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

For CSV, you need just to readStream in the notebook and append output to CSV using forEachBatch method.

Your Kafka on PC needs to have the public address or you need to set AWS VPN and connect from your laptop to be in the same VPC as databricks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

For CSV, you need just to readStream in the notebook and append output to CSV using forEachBatch method.

Your Kafka on PC needs to have the public address or you need to set AWS VPN and connect from your laptop to be in the same VPC as databricks.

Hi,

@Hubert Dudek​  can you give me some reference material or video to take help?

Best,
Qasim Hassan
Data Engineer @Royal Cyber
Databricks UG Pakistan Lead
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.