Machine Learning
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission errors.

g96g
New Contributor III

I have some permission erros when I want to modify some sql queries in SQL module. We are two colleauge working on one project so we build da data model. Sometimes we need to correct each other and access the SQL code but unfortunelty we dont have a permision to modify until one of us transfer the ownership manually. I always need to change credentials frin run as owner to run as viewr. Maybe worth to mentione that we use the unity catalog. whenever I create the sql core it ends up to appear under my user name folder and then moving it in shared folder for specific project.

2 REPLIES 2

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

you not worry here , give permission as a viewer only , or else they will use your creds there

This doc will be helpful - https://docs.databricks.com/security/access-control/query-acl.html

Thanks

Aviral Bhardwaj

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Givi Salu​​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Aviral Bhardwaj​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.