Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Connect failing

pjp94
Contributor

For some reason, my dbconnect failed and I haven't been able to resolve the issue. I am connecting to an enterprise server. I was getting the following errors which (I believe) are now resolved.

image.pngI defined the PYSPARK_DRIVER_PYTHON and PYSPARK_PYTHON variables to the correct location. I then downloaded the hadoop binaries online, stored the directory in my environment and set HADOOP_HOME variable to that directory. I set these paths using <conda env config vars set my_var=value>

Now, I'm getting the below output. I can't tell if there's still some environment changes I need to make or if the problem is 'Invalid Shard Address'. I think it's the former because the shard address I'm inputting is correct. Any help appreciated

image.png

2 REPLIES 2

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Could you please confirm if you are providing the right shard ID/URL? Also, please let us know which guide has been followed to configure the connectivity. Also, please provide the screenshot of the error after entering the shard URL.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Paras Patel​(Customer)​ , We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Debayan Mukherjee​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.