Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bug: add csv data UI: missing leading zero

lizou
Contributor II

use add data UI, add csv manually, even set data type as string, the leading zero will be missing

example csv

val1,val2

0012345, abc

after load data,

123,abc is stored in table

imageimage

3 REPLIES 3

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

Hey @lizo I don't think there is any bug we generally do not count Zeros in front of the number

It's not able to CSV I created a table in the databricks but it is happening the same.

Thanks

Aviral Bhardwaj

Chaitanya_Raju
Honored Contributor

Hi @lizou​ ,

Can you please check again in your .csv file if the value is appended with zeros and stored as a string only, as per the post I believe you are fine to store the number as a string, and I am not facing any issues.

I tried to replicate the same as mentioned below

Created a .csv file with numbers as text with zeros at the start and manually uploaded in UI of the data tab in databricks and read into df , working fine without any issues as shown below,

Please let me know if this answers your query

Capture

Happy Learning!!

lizou
Contributor II

there are no issues using spark.read in notebooks

the issue is specific to using Add Data User interface and adding a csv file manually.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.