Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I maintain Azure Account Console access after Global Admin access is removed?

BigMF
New Contributor III

Hello, I don't know if I should have created a separate question or added to this one.

I've read the documentation and as far as I can tell, have followed it correctly but I'm still having issues accessing the Account Console unless the user I'm logging in with has Global Admin access.

Here are the steps I took:

1. Created a user in Azure Active directory with Global Admin access
  2. Created a new Azure Databricks instance via the Azure portal. The instance is on the Premium pricing tier.
    1. image
  3. Logged into the Account Console with the user created above.
  4. Created a new user in Databricks for my own work AAD account and assigned Account Admin Role to it:
    1. image
  5. Log out of Databricks and attempt to log back in to the Account Console (https://accounts.azuredatabricks.net/) with my own work AAD account that I assigned to the Account Admin Role in the previous step
  6. Instead of the Account Console, I'm directed to the Workspace Selector:
    1. image
  7. If I remove the Global Admin access in AAD from the original account I used to log into Databricks, the same thing happens.....Workspace Selector.
  8. I've tried different browsers as well as using "Incognito" or "Privacy" mode to hopefully avoid any caching of things.
  9. As soon as I add the Global Admin access back to the original account, I can get back into the Account Console.

This behavior should not be happening according to the documentation. Please help as I'm at my witt's end.

2 REPLIES 2

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Could you please try  https://accounts.azuredatabricks.com?accountid=(account-id) , where the account ID has to be the value in the URL? Please let us know if this helps.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Mark Ferguson​  We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Debayan Mukherjee​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to others.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.