cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schema browser for hive_metastore not working

oteng
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am not able to access the schemas inside the hive_metastore in the schema browser inside the SQL Editor in Databricks SQL. I tried on 2 databricks instances. One has Unity Catalog enabled and I am able to access the other catalogs/schemas but not the hive_metastore. The other instance doesn't have Unity Catalog enabled and I am still not able to access the schemas inside the hive_metastore. It just keeps spinning.

I am able to query the tables inside the hive_metastore and I am able to access the schema if I go to the data tab. It's just the schema browser inside the SQL Editor in Databricks SQL that doesn't work for hive_metastore.

Am I doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

this is something weird, can we connect and solve your issue

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

this is something weird, can we connect and solve your issue

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Maybe I panicked too soon. I logged in this morning and it is working as expected in both Databricks workspace. Not sure if anything changed. I wasn't the only one experiencing this issue (at least 3 people in the company said they had the same issue in the same instance) which is why I thought it was some configuration issue. This lasted for at least 5-6 hours and restarting the computer and clearing the browser cache didn't do anything.

I'm not sure what happened but it's working for now.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.