Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL warehouse failing to start ( Please check network connectivity from the data plane to the control plane )

Cano
New Contributor III

Hi, 

My SQL warehouse is failing to start with the following error message:

Details for the latest failure: Error: [id: InstanceId(i-01b84b6705ff09104), status: INSTANCE_INITIALIZING, workerEnvId:WorkerEnvId(workerenv-3023557811934763-c8cef827-a038-4552-a74d-829ee273d683), lastStatusChangeTime: 1673489057531, groupIdOpt Some(0),requestIdOpt Some(0112-020302-ltb2xfyq-2b759b89-28f3-42ff-b),version 2] with threshold 700 seconds timed out after 704732 milliseconds. Please check network connectivity from the data plane to the control plane. Code: BOOTSTRAP_TIMEOUT Cluster-id (internal): 0112-020302-ltb2xfyq Additional details: {"instance_id":"i-01b84b6705ff09104"}

I followed the steps here https://docs.databricks.com/administration-guide/cloud-configurations/aws/customer-managed-vpc.html#...

All the requirements for security group, subnet, NACLs, route table were met.

I even tried to create a new workspace but that also failed.

I have also attached the log file.

Your urgent help is hugely appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, There is a line in the attached logs as below:

[Bootstrap Event] Can reach ohio.cloud.databricks.com: [FAILED]

[Bootstrap Event] DNS output for databricks-prod-artifacts-us-east-2.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com: 

Server: 10.187.0.2

Address: 10.187.0.2#53

This means somehow the webapp endpoint cannot reach as per the document: https://docs.databricks.com/administration-guide/cloud-configurations/aws/customer-managed-vpc.html?...

imageCould you please make sure if it has been added and let us know if it helps?

Cano
New Contributor III

Hi @Debayan Mukherjee​ 

Everything is managed through the security group and it allows all traffic. And there is also a NAT gateway associated to the subnet to provide internet connectivity.

I see the Databricks Instances spin up in my AWS account, is there Is anyway I can connect to these instances to a run a few tests?

I have attached a screenshot of both inbound and outbound rules for your viewing.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Cano
New Contributor III

Please note that I'm not using a customer managed VPC, but a VPC that was created by Databricks when I created the workspace.

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @charles okoh​ , Thanks for all the details. I understand it is a default VPC. In that case, could you please raise a support case with Databricks?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @charles okoh​  (Customer)​ , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Debayan Mukherjee​​, and I was checking back to see if their suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.