Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error reading in Parquet file

BL
New Contributor III

I am trying to read a .parqest file from a ADLS gen2 location in azure databricks . But facing the below error:

spark.read.parquet("abfss://............/..._2023-01-14T08:01:29.8549884Z.parquet")

org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Task 0 in stage 0.0 failed 4 times, most recent failure: Lost task 0.3 in stage 0.0 (TID 3) (10.139.64.6 executor 0): org.apache.spark.SparkException: Exception thrown in awaitResult:

I searched in google ( as per suggestion in some posts tried to set spark.driver.maxResultSize to 20g , some blogs says to put inferSchema option ) but getting the same error again and again . The file size I am trying to read is 12kb .

I tried with below runtime versions in my databricks cluster

11.3 LTS (includes Apache Spark 3.3.0, Scala 2.12)

11.1 (includes Apache Spark 3.3.0, Scala 2.12)

10.4 LTS (includes Apache Spark 3.2.1, Scala 2.12)

Can anyone please advise how to overcome this issue ?

4 REPLIES 4

anpa
New Contributor III

This error may be related to credential issue.

You can try this code

spark.conf.set("fs.azure.account.auth.type.<storage-account-name>.dfs.core.windows.net", "<your-access-key>")
spark.read.parquet("abfss://............/..._2023-01-14T08:01:29.8549884Z.parquet")

To hide <your-access-key> you can create Secret scopes follow the instructions link below:

Link to create Secret scopes.

BL
New Contributor III

Thanks for your answer .

But I was using same kind of code with access key

BL
New Contributor III

I tried again , but the same error

spark.conf.set("fs.azure.account.key.<ContainerName>.dfs.core.windows.net",ACCESS_KEY)

jose_gonzalez

Can you access the executor logs? When you cluster is up and running, you can access the executor's logs. For example, the error shows:

org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Task 0 in stage 0.0 failed 4 times, most recent failure: Lost task 0.3 in stage 0.0 (TID 3) (10.139.64.6 executor 0): org.apache.spark.SparkException: Exception thrown in awaitResult:

Go to the Executor 0 and check why it failed

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.