Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you access a repo file in an init script?

tatekeller
New Contributor

I'd like to configure a cluster with python libraries as defined in a requirements file. I have a pip requirements.txt file in a private repo which I have integrated on Databricks (and I can access it through the UI and view it on Databricks). I update this requirements file from time to time with new libraries, which is why I keep in on a repo.

I uploaded an init script to the DBFS and specified it under Init Scripts for the Cluster. Here is what my file looks like (with the brackets filled in):

#!/bin/bash
/databricks/python/bin/pip install -r /Repos/<email>/<repo-name>/<folder>/requirements.txt

But initialization of my cluster fails. The error message says only the following:

Cluster scoped init script dbfs:/FileStore/init_scripts/db_init.sh failed: Script exit status is non-zero

Is there something that I am doing wrong, or is this even possible to achieve?

1 REPLY 1

sher
Valued Contributor II

you can install in a cluster

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.