Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables disappear when I re-start a new cluster on Community Edition

Lizhi_Dong
New Contributor II

What would be the best plan for independent course creator?

Hi folks! I want to use databrick community edition as the platform to teach online courses. As you may know, for community edition, you need to create a new cluster when the old one terminates. I found out however tables created from the old cluster would disappear as well, so I have to re-create tables every time I start the cluster.

I wonder if anyone knows how to fix this problem. I have a couple tables with static data with 100+ questions. It will be too much repetitive work if students need to upload the data and re-create the steps every time they re-start a new cluster.

Looking forward to your advice!

3 REPLIES 3

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, It will be helpful if you provide the screenshots before and after the incident.

jose_gonzalez

Hi @Lizhi Dong​,

This might be a limitation from Community Edition. When your cluster gets terminated all your tables will be removed.

Hi @Lizhi Dong​,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.