Machine Learning
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable programmatically writing to files

rubenteixeira
New Contributor III

Hi everyone. I'm training a time series forecasting model in Azure Databricks. When I try to parallelize, it gives me this error:

image.pngI have Contributor permission on the Databricks service, on the Azure Portal, and I'm an admin inside the Databricks workspace. What permissions am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Can't you use data frames API? Using RDD directly is an outdated method as it is not optimized. Dataframe is automatically distributed (parallelized using partitions and cores). Additionally, how big is a dataset? as running collect() is also a killer and should not be used in production or to return more than a dozen rows.

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

The error says the below filesystem is read-only and not RW. image

jose_gonzalez

Hi @Rúben Teixeira​,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.