Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error inviting user to workspace "Failed to add user: A user with email ... or username ... in different cases already exist in the account"

AndyAtINX
New Contributor III

We have 3 workspaces - 1 old version in one AWS account, 2 latest versions in another.

We are PAYG full edition, not using SSO.

Our admins (existing DBX users in the `admins` group) can invite new users via the Admin Console from the 1 old and 1 new workspace.

But from the 2nd new workspace we get the error "Failed to add user: A user with email ... or username ... in different cases already exist in the account"

The user definitely does not exist in that workspace's Users.

I did wonder if it was because he's been added to the other workspace in the same AWS account (the users experiencing this error do exist in the other workspace).

But the user lists are different.

And the users cannot access the workspace.

So I assume this is unlikely to be the issue?

(on a side-note it would be nice to see the grammar corrected and a better description of the error cause)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndyAtINX
New Contributor III

So it would appear that, because the user already existed in a different workspace in the same AWS account, that the 2nd workspace invite email needs to match the user INCLUDING THE CASE (i.e. its case-sensitive)!

😞

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Andrew Davies​ please create a support request for the same.

Support link

AndyAtINX
New Contributor III

So it would appear that, because the user already existed in a different workspace in the same AWS account, that the 2nd workspace invite email needs to match the user INCLUDING THE CASE (i.e. its case-sensitive)!

😞

Schneider-Elect
New Contributor II

We are facing same issue, We are on azure. @AndyAtINX you mean if user exist in workspace with abc@gmail.com we should add the user in workspace2 with abc@gmail.com not ABC@GMAIL.COM.

if this the case we tried this and its not working for us.

@Schneider-Electthat is what worked for us - repeatedly. Case needs to match exactly

Maybe a different issue with same effect?

Other thoughts are maybe leading/trailing spaces or different char-sets?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.