Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maven Libraries are failing on restarting the cluster.

Gandham
New Contributor II

I have installed "com.databricks:spark-xml_2.12:0.16.0" maven libraries to a cluster. The installation was successful. But when I restart the cluster, even this successful installation becomes failed. This happens with all Maven Libraries. 

Here is the error message:

Library installation attempted on the driver node of cluster 0502-152920-976jb2gj and failed. Please refer to the following error message to fix the library or contact Databricks support. Error Code: DRIVER_LIBRARY_INSTALLATION_FAILURE. Error Message: Library resolution failed because org.jvnet.jaxb2.maven2:maven-jaxb2-plugin-project download failed.

3 REPLIES 3

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Raja Gandham​ It's working fine for me find below snapshot-

Please create a support ticket for the same.

imageimage

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Please check network routing. From DBR 11 LTS installation is done in the data plane (before was in the control plane). So basically, your cluster needs to have connectivity to https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/ when starting.

Additionally, it is not supported on shared unity catalog cluster.

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

it is intermittent issue, we also faced this issue earlier ,try to upgrade DBR version

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.